Ed Gillespie released his “Cutting Taxes for ALL Virginians” Plan calling for a ten percent across-the-board cut in Virginia’s individual income tax rates, the first income tax rate cut since rates were established in 1972. Once enacted, the plan will put nearly $1,300 more back into the pocket of a family of four and create more than 50,000 new full-time private-sector jobs. The full plan can be found here.
WHERE WAS ED?
- On Saturday, Ed held a roundtable discussion with leaders of the Indian-American community at Chatkazz Indian Restaurant in Chantilly.
- Ed also visited the Eden Center in Falls Church to visit with Vietnamese-American business owners on Saturday afternoon.
- Ed & Cathy worshiped with Don Scoggins and the Mt. Olive Baptist Church congregation in Woodbridge on Sunday morning.
- Ed fired up a huge crowd at Fairfax County Supervisor Pat Herrity’s annual St. Patrick’s Day Party on Sunday evening.
- Ed announced his “Cutting Taxes for ALL Virginians” on Thursday morning and visited with voters in Loudoun and Fairfax County to discuss his plan.
- On Thursday evening Ed hosted a Live Facebook Town Hall to answer questions from around the Commonwealth about his plan.
- Ed will visit with the Richmond Technology Council, or RichTech, on Friday morning to discuss his “Cutting Taxes for ALL Virginians” Plan and issues related to the growing technology sector in a business roundtable with the Richmond Technology Council at MAXX Potential.
Ed fired up a huge crowd with Fairfax County Supervisor Pat Herrity at his annual St. Patrick’s Day party.
Ed unveiled his new “Cutting Taxes for ALL Virginians” Plan in Loudoun County yesterday – audible gasps when told we’ve never had a rate cut!
ENDORSEMENT OF THE WEEK
Several economists and tax experts including Grover Norquist, president and Founder of Americans for Tax Reform, praised Ed’s “Cutting Taxes for ALL Virginians” Plan.
“Ed Gillespie has demonstrated a real and measurable commitment to cutting taxes, with an actual policy proposal and not just political rhetoric. Ed’s plan is a genuine tax cut for families and businesses, not like the so-called ‘revenue-neutral’ plans that shift the tax burden from one group of taxpayers to another that we so often see from political candidates. I am impressed and Virginia taxpayers should be too, since it will make their Commonwealth more competitive with surrounding states again.”
-Grover Norquist, Founder and President of Americans for Tax Reform
- Share Ed’s “Cutting Taxes for ALL Virginians” Plan
- Join one of Ed’s campaign coalitions today!
- Contact your regional field director to sign up for a shift to make calls for Ed.