Ed won three straw polls last weekend! At the 5th Annual Giles County Stafford-Morris Dinner he earned 74% of the vote, at the Bland County Lincoln Reagan Dinner he earned 64% of the vote and at the Loudoun County Jamboree he earned 76% of the vote! Following Thursday Night’s Liberty University Gubernatorial Debate Ed earned 58% (defeating his opponents by over 20 points) in a poll published by the Republican Party of Virginia naming him the “winner” of the debate.
- Washington Times: Race for Virginia GOP gubernatorial nomination heats up
- Ed Gillespie raises $1.8 million in first quarter of 2017
- The Daily Progress Editorial: Motivation aside, ethics reform is welcome
- CBS 6: Gubernatorial candidate Ed Gillespie plans for jobs in Virginia
- The Roanoke Times Opinion: An overdue discussion on Virginia’s taxes
- The John Fredericks Show: GOP Candidate for Va. Gov. Ed Gillespie Outlines his Proposed Ethics Reform Package
Watch Ed’s closing statement from the Liberty University Debate
WHERE WAS THE CAMPAIGN?
- Cathy joined the Central Virginia Republican Women’s Club on Monday night to provide an update on Ed’s campaign.
- On Tuesday, Ed visited with the owner/operator of 4 Paws Animal Hospital in Spotsylvania County.
- Next, he stopped by SimVentions – a homegrown Fredericksburg business venture that has repeatedly been ranked one of the best places to work in the region!
- The kitchen table conversation continued in Spotsylvania to discuss his “FAITH in Government for ALL Virginians” plan on Tuesday afternoon.
- That afternoon, Cathy traveled to Williamsburg and stopped by 3e Restoration and Grove Christian Outreach Center – two non-profits dedicated to the housing and care of Williamsburg area residents.
- Cathy also represented Ed before the York Republican Women’s Club’s Gubernatorial Forum on Tuesday evening.
- On Wednesday, Ed visited our campaign headquarters’ across the street neighbor, U-Turn Sports Performance Academy. They do great work instilling life skills and Christian values in Richmond area youth through sports.
- Ed also had another kitchen table discussion about his ethics plan in Chesterfield on Wednesday. Great ideas and a desire for reform from voters.
- Cathy stopped by a Women for Ed Coalition call night in Chesterfield to thank our hardworking volunteers for their efforts.
- Cathy visited the Petersburg Freedom Center to learn about their work helping veterans.
- On Thursday, Ed & Cathy traveled to Lynchburg – and stopped by the Liberty Godparent Home and learned about their mission to help women in crisis pregnancy situations.
- On Thursday evening Ed dominated the Liberty University Gubernatorial Debate. Liberty University was an incredible host and moderators Mark Spain and Len Stevens ran a great show. Ed earned 58% of the vote in RPV’s “debate winner” poll!
“Talking small business taxes and regulations at 4 Paws Animal Hospital in Spotsylvania on #NationalPetDay. Lots of love for the pets there!”
“Great visiting our neighbors U-Turn Sports Performance Academy! They do incredible work – spreading Christian love, purpose, and service to youth through sports.”
ENDORSEMENT OF THE WEEK
“I am confident that Ed will lead a unified Republican ticket to victory this November. With a Republican governor signing bills passed by the General Assembly, we will be able to enact the conservative policies that Virginia needs to get back on track. I encourage all Virginians to join me in supporting Ed Gillespie for Governor in 2017.”
Delegate Ben Cline represents the 24th House District which encompasses portions of Amherst, Augusta, Bath and Rockbridge counties and the cities of Lexington and Buena Vista.